Advertisement for a RESEARCH and ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to work for Professor Pippa Skotnes at the Centre for Curating the Archive
I am looking for a research and administrative assistant from January 2016 until December 2017. The job is to support two projects, one looking at individual histories in the 19th century Northern Cape, and the other to support the development of a new initiative entitled the Animal Collegium which looks at issues relating to human/animal relationships both historically and in the present. Both projects include research, administration, symposia and exhibtion. The research leader is Michaelis Professor Pippa Skotnes and projects are situated in the Centre for Curating the Archive. The job would include a range of activities including:
- typing and transcribing archival documents and letters
- helping to plan and book fieldtrips
- helping to plan and organise seminars, symposia and colloquia
- picture management (digital files, requires organisational and ordering skills, rather than digital editing skills)
- writing up research notes
- contributing to the project website
- assistance with curatorial projects and exhibitions
- assistance with writing of reports
- studio assistance
- general administration, including keeping financial records and managing email.
- fine arts or any humanities degree (preferably honours or MA with very good research and writing skills)
- a very organised person
- someone who can deal with and bring order to a working environment that is at times chaotic and often frantic
This would be a half day, 5/8 or full time post on a two-year contract, depending on applicants.
For any enquiries, please write to email@example.com
Please send applications, including details of academic background and the names of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due by 16 Dec 2015.